Friday, September 01, 2006

I think ever since I decided to start over my tilt control has improved TREMENDOUSLY..
if I get stacked now, which I have about twice in the past two days, I usually just close the table and leave. I could easily rebuy, but I think after being stacked, my mentality towards that specific player might be already skewed and that even though I might not feel it, a subtle sense of vengeance has already settled in. The last time I got stacked, I lost JJ to a flopped flush, the guy was a big fish, called a $4 raise with 84s. Even though I know I would be a favorite if I rebuy, I decided not to. I closed the table and just played at another one. The hand bothered me for awhile, especially since I lost 2 buy ins to that retard, but as my session progressed I kinda forgot about it and just played my game. I grinded for another hour or so and came out almost even. I'm very happy with how I have been handling beats in the last 2000 hands.

I also feel that I am starting to 'feel' the game. I think I've overcame the transition from limit to NL and my main problem that I need to work on right now is getting away from hands, namely top pair/over pair. After playing for 2k+ hands on PP, I think the game is extremely beatable if you just play ABC poker and not try to do too much. Therefore, I am setting a monetary goal for September. Which will be to take my roll up to 2k and be playing at .5-1.

roughly + 78 yesterday and today

No comments: