Not a bad day today. Woke up, saw sh's post. Realized that if I don't bring my A game, I'll be grinding 100NL while he playin 1k NL. I think this time around both our mentality is very different from our past. We don't do stupid shits anymore, namely playing above your bankroll, tilt like a stupid monkey, and play casino games....
So I went up like $30 from NL this morning, and went up another $30 while clearing the WillHill bonus playing limit 1-2. I think after playin NL cash game, I've at the same time improved on my limit game, I think playing other poker games makes you see thigns you don't usually seem at ur present game. for example, in NL you're gona havta lay down a lota hands where you have a pair, or top pair. In limit, top pair usually goes to showdown. With this knowledge, I was able to save a lota bets which I probably would've lost earlier in my career.
Came back, and lost 1 buy in when my JJ got stacked by 23s....this guy called my big reraise out of the blinds again and hits the flop of T 2 2. Ok so I got stacked big deal...rebuy, a bit steaming...here's the hand so stupid.....villain is pretty passive, AF at just 1.0..given the way he played, it was pretty obvious I was beat, either by a flopped straight with JT, or with a higher Q. I decided to put him on the straight and called thinking I still had plenty of outs...well things didn't work out..and all of a sudden i'm down 2 stacks
http://www.pokerhand.org/?491372
because of this the rest of my nightwas spent grinding back the losses. I did eventually win a lot back. oh and sh the sheets video is really helpful I think, 4/7 ITM after I watched, 1 first, 1 second, 2 third....I probably would've added another ITM had I lay this hand down....which I almost did....it just made sense that his play represented that he flopped the nut straight..and yeah my read was right...only had I believed my read
http://www.pokerhand.org/?491379
something else I would like to admit is that I used to delete sessions, like really bad sessions from my PT database because it just looked...ugly, and it disturbed me that my bb/100 went down tremendously because of that..but things are changed. I don't do that anymore at all and I'm really proud of myself for that...
anyway here's the count
today + 186 (95 WH bonus)
overall +510
$110 ahead of pace
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment