Christ I have been having bad time at the NL tables these days....
I'm getting my ass handed to me a lot when I make TPTK (top pair top kicker) on what seems to be a safe board with sets, two pairs, draws and the likes. I'm really feeling not confident about playing top pair, even in position. Maybe its just a bad run but I feel like AK and the hands alike are very dangerous hands in NL because when you win, you usually don't win much, but when you lose, you can lose quiet a bit and its quiet hard to get away from TPTK on safe boards.....
I actually think its a better option to be playin more suited connectors and pocket pairs instead of those face cards....On the other hand I also believe that if you are running bad against this guy at the moment, everything seems to go wrong within that session. You lose a big pot when you are a big favorite....then you get AJs the next hand, fish limps and calls ur raise and flop comes 2 4 9 rainbow u bet and he calls you and you guys check it down and he'll show A4. I actualy think that once you are stacked or lose a big pot when you're the favorite, get up and find another table. I don't really believe in continuing because I too, like the author of Zen and Art of Poker, believe that luck comes in bunches. So if this fish is getting ridiculously lucky, I think I'll get outa his way....
Luckily I've been doing pretty decent clearing the Interpoker monthly bonus of $100 playing limit hold'em 1-2. I'll be doing that again for Will Hill. Hopefully that can buffer my losses from the NL losses.
Stack me: http://www.pokerhand.org/?486126
I don't know if I can get away from this. what you think sh? I don't think my push was incorrect....I'll check on 2+2
these two days....-49 from NL +65 from limit
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment