Sunday, September 10, 2006

I don't know. Maybe I'm staring to really play optimally or I'm just getting very lucky. I've been doing pretty darn well ever since the little downswing I had. I'm a bit nervous because if I'm running well, which I probably am, given that I'm running almost 13bb/100 at 25NL, I'm eventually due for a downswing. Hopefully it doesn't happen when I move up

But I really do believe I've been playing much better lately, compared to before. Laying down hands in marginal situations and REALLY stay out of harms way early on in SNGs and also out of position in cash games. I play quiet passively OOP but play very aggressive in position, I think that is a huge contributing factor to my success lately. I'm no longer raising say 99, AK in the SB, instead I take a flop. I dont' think I'm giving up that much expectation because it also disguises my hand and mess with my loose aggressive image...I also took some shots today at the $22 sngs. Not seeing much difference at all from the level of play at 11s, which is a good thing. I think taking a shot at 22s with 35 or so buy-ins is reasonably safe....

Oh yeah, sh I transferred the 150 back to you, lemme kno if you get it. and also, the two hands when you had AA, ni tsan eh hs, those are hella bad beats damn. can't imagine why a retard would put money in with bottom pair on the turn?!?! most of the time its the flop....and that 55 quad hand, ds unlucky...nothing you could do there. and looking at your bankroll, I think you should play some NL 100. We all know you have the skills to beat NL 200, but you're at what, 13.5 buy ins. its probably safe for you to drop back to NL 100 and build it up along with some SNGs...

edit* just played a session after my shower. dropped 4 straight 22's. Pushed JJ twice both times ran into A's. And I think the last 2 I could've chose a bettter spot to push...although my opponent called with very marginal hands, my hands weren't much better (ie. KTo, JTo...etc) Ima havta work on that....On the other hand, since I had 20x buy-ins for 50NL I decided I'd play some. Not knowing what I was getting into, I got irritated by this maniac who kept raising every hand and apparently hitting anything he wishes for.....he went up 3 buy ins within about 10 hands....and he was berating everyone as pussies and retards at the table..it really frustrated me and I think it got to me and resulted in me being stacked early in the session...hand here...
http://www.pokerhand.org/?498648
I think I should've checked the turn and re-evaluate river....as played I don't know if the call was correct, I was getting almost 5-1 on my money....I put him on Q's or 9's because his bet on the flop seems kinda weak....I guess I was trynna get him off the hand. I think ima stop doing that in low limit because ok even if today he had Q's, I don't think the majority of low limit players are capable of laying that hand down.....I'm considering stepping down to 25NL again to polish my skills more and come back for NL50 say at 25-30 buy-ins...and also return to 11s SNG. Although I think I can beat those games, which by the way I see more stupid plays at 50NL than 25NL...., I'm gona be a little bit more on the safe side with my bankroll this time as previous experiences of mine have not been friendly at all...

today: +48
overall: +966
ahead of pace by $299

No comments: