Friday, January 12, 2007

ok..so i've been playing. put in 12800 hands since I came back, which is in 5 days. I was playing today and this guy "floatacheck" on ub 8 tables the nl 200 6max. I chatted it with him and he says he plays about 7000 or so hands a day. which is fukin crazy and he earns 10k pts a week which nets $750 and gets rakeback anywhere from 5-7k a month. The reason why he can 8 table is because he plays very tight and straight forward though. so yeah....I was pretty amazed that someone plays that much. I thought I might be one of the 200 regulars that play the most, apparently not...oh n he has a bankroll of 50k but can u believe his winrate is still negative?! lol

well its been pretty rough these few days. the only good thing about this week is that it is over lol. fuk. cooler hand after cooler hand. premium pairs QQ/KK run into A's every other time. go in as a 65-35 fav n losing. missed just about every freakin big draw when i needed it cuz i shoved for stack.....and make just about every draw when everyone limps and i check from the BB and flop a flush draw just to make it on the turn n win $5. amazing. seriously. i'm down 1.2k since I got back....and down about a buy-in since new yrs.....if things continue to go like this I very well may have a losing month....my winrate has dropped tremendously from 5.5ptbb to 2.4ptbb. how fukin pathetic. to think positive though i'm gona hit those draws sooner or later and when i do, its gona be like 10 buy in upswings. i'm breaking even for the past 16k hands but to be honest I think I overestimated my own abilities by playing much too lag. I have to know that I am by no means at the level of Stinger or Muddy and I'm still making a lot of post flop mistakes....I'm gona be honest and say that I think I've been running bad (not completely horrible..) and making bad plays.

I'm going to grind it out pretty hard core this month and hopefully the amount of hands will ride out the variance. if not then I hope the rakeback will. sigh. This is gona be a tough barrier for me to break....jumping from 200nl to 400nl. I feel like if I can successfully make this jump then going to 5-10 will be much easier.....this is gona be the turning point and i gota stay focused and push it through...

I've played 17k hands so far this month. I'm gona push for 70k total for January. doable.

come to think about it i'm actually down just like 6 buy-ins in the past 12k hands so i guess its not really a significant downswing by any means. however, I was talking to andy hasdal today and he said he's had like 1 6 buy in downswing in his entire poker career which completely shocked me since I have 5 buy in downswings almost every other session (good thing I_Strong does too)...oh well

No comments: