After getting my ass kicked REALLY badly the past couple of days. I have come to some resolution and I think this rough trip has given me a lot of mental training...
1. I get too arrogant and think I'm the next Taylor Caby when I win. I feel like i'm on top of the world but in reality my game is no where near the top of the world. yes I beat 200nl on UB, which is one of the toughest sites to play on, but I don't have any bragging rights and I certainly shouldn't feel so arrogant about my game.
2. Being so arrogant resulted in me trying to play even more hands. I just feel like I can make it up by "outplaying ppl post flop." maybe I could, but at this point, I'm not doing it very well. The bottom line is, I don't think its optimal.
3. I focus a lot of getting good stats. Perhaps it makes me feel like wow I can actually win playing sucha difficult style, and perhaps I wish to show off to ppl my amazing stats. I think I got carried away and focused too much on it. I need to play a style that fits best for the game...
4. umm..I still go on tilt.....and I need to distinguish who to fire at and who not to.
5. I tutored Ryan today. imo it went well. I think I explained myself pretty clearly and got him to think differently. I think I gave him a lot of information within the short time. I actually enjoyed tutoring him, not for the sake of money, but the fact that I can actually say out my thought process and explain everything to him. When I play, I tend to not think too much and just go with my instincts; however, I think I always need to be thinking. After tutoring him I played a very good session and went up 4 buy ins.
6. Peter this is what I think we should do when you come to Irvine. I just read a article by Paul Wasicka and he talked about doing "joint sessions" and it has a variety of benefits. Basically, when you come to my place, we'll play on 1 account, we decide on the limit, make decisions together, and split the loss/profits. This way, we get to see a different perspective of play and I think its just a good way to learn.
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment