Thursday, October 12, 2006

Not a bad day today.

Did well in my early session. My night session was a bit of a roller coaster ride consisting of stacking lai stacking chu....i was evetually down when i lost my A7 to KK to a river 2 outer and i called this dude's bluff with top pair n he drew runner runner flush on me for a stack....also this fish who wud limp call my raise and call me down with nothing while of course again i hit nothing and his bottom pair holds up. i knew i cud beat him if i just get a hand but before i could, he left the table. I'm pretty proud that despite wanting to get back at the fish, I still was patient and would fold weak hands and even if my hand missed i'd let him take the pot from me. I just wanted to wait for good situations and not waste money doing stupid stuff. overall today I think I played very solid with no tilt at all. I'm happy with that and despite those bad beats i'm still up about $270 today. This is how I must play poker.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?554163
this is how i thought about the hand afterwards. obviously he had outs and its perfectly natural that he outdrew me, that's just gona happen sometimes. but I thought about how if he showed me what he had and i was facing the all-in bet, would i call? obviously I would. So this call is not an error but a +EV play. So even though i got stacked I'm not that bothered by it because I got it in with the best of it

No comments: