Saturday, March 31, 2007

March results & April goal post:

March has been one of the, actually, the toughest month ever in my short poker career. This is not counting back in the old days where i went busto like every other month. ever since I started to play no limit cash games 4 months ago, this month is by far the worst. i started off the first 2 weeks swinging down i think at the worst point 17-18 buy ins. financially speaking, it was pretty bad; however, i felt different. it wasn't as if i thought i was gona lose my bankroll, in fact, i did not feel that one bit. i guess i've matured a bit in dealing with times like this. during that phase i kind of lost my confidence but thanks to everyone i regained much of it shortly. the very next week i swung up 42 buy ins. ship it

so anyways, PT has been missing a great deal of hands so my figures are pretty off. I have also not played as much as i could in march as i slacked off quiet a bit. so here is my results:

hands: ~37k
amount won: 10k + 1.5k for bonus/rakeback

so +$11.5k

my bankroll is at an all time high but i think this is what i'm thinking about doing. in taiwan, it is a big milestone for young people to earn their "first bucket of gold." the amount of that bucket is 1 million NT, which is about 33k. I feel that with sucha big bankroll, I can afford to take out 33k and still stay at my limit and also be able to say to myself and everyone else, hey i've MADE my first million NT at age 22 and I've actually saved it up in a savings account and i can take out 1 million NT of cold hard cash anytime I wish. this may hinder my progress up the limits but I think this is a little sacrafice that I can take in order to make maximize my expectation in the long run and also gain a lot of trust from my family that i'm "for real." what do you people think aobut this idea?

i'm gona withdraw 33k from my bankroll, leaving me 29k behind to play 4-5 tables of 2-4 NL
tell me what you guys think

April goals:

1. Play more hands, at least 45k
2. Play good solid and FOCUSED poker
3. Get to bed before 12:30 latest and get up everyday before 9:30am
4. swim AT LEAST 3 times a week and drink naked everyday
5. start moving some funds off of ub to other sites like party/stars/FT

no money goals since i'm just going to play good solid poker and however much i win/lose is not something i care too much about

4 comments:

Milky Maniac said...

Hey Ray!

As I told you before, I think March was one of your toughest months, but also one of the most valuable ones for you as well. Having gone through that very tough period you have most certainly advanced as a player, both mentally and technically.

Even after withdraing that sum you're talking about you'll have a VERY solid roll for the nl400 games (read: over rolled :p). So if you are ok with staying at nl400 (which I bet you're going to do, even though I think you're well rolled for the 600 games), then I deffo think it's a good idea to make the withdrawal. You will probably feel really good about having $30k in your bank account, ye? ;)

Anyhoo, take care down there and give us some pics!!

Majik

88keyz said...

sup, great results and congrats on the all-time-high bankroll. i don't know why you wanna drink naked everyday though!

thaREALdmoney said...

Great idea.

I always found....before i went busto haha, that because i was so worried about moving up in limits id keep all my money online and never end up taking it off, only to lose it all eventually, it is a must to take either small amounts regularly or large amounts occasionally off of sites to keep things feeling worth wihle.

Malfaire said...

Ray, I've never heard of the "first bucket of gold" tradition; sounds interesting. I'm assuming this usually happens much later in live for most other people as this is a sizeable chunk of cash.

My $0.02: Definitely your opportunity cost is the win rate you'd sustain by moving up the ladder to $1000NL -- I've heard that you have the skill to do so. Therefore, this has a real dollar value.

However, I think it's worth taking the money out: you're not just proving something to your parents but really solidifying the fact that you acheived a significant milestone in your life which nobody can take that away from you. You still have a good sized roll for juicy games -- when you look back later in live you won't care about an extra $5k or so anyway.

I'm gonna link you up on my blog also.

Cheers,
Mark