biggest lose in a single day at 2-4. this son of bitch he all night just check, check check! he trep me!
if any of you see me playin outside my bankroll, stop me IMMEDIATELY!
ty prdonk for preventing further damage to my bankroll......gona play goot tomorrow
edit...
I think I played pretty well, in the first half of my session. at that point I was down about $2.2k already. It was just quiet a bit of bad spots and people were hittin hands on me. So i mean 5.5 buy in downswing is pretty bad, but not as bad as it looks. It also didn't help when I can't seem to win a race against shorties, whether i'm with AK or 77. I did have one tilt call towards the end and I was like saying to myself "ok this is probably gona be a tilt call, if you call and lose here, you have to stop." and so I called "cuz i was semi tilty" but I did stop all the tables immediately right away and was bitchin all of this to prdonk and it helped a lot. i'm proud to say that I DID NOT play any blackjack, or any higher limit games cuz when I called that hand, which was, I 3bet a button raiser, who was pretty loose with 22, and the flop comes 3 4 7, two hearts n i bet n he open shoves for $400 more, I put him on somethin I can beat "two overs + fd" n made the call but he had JJ. I knew that call was made cuz i wanted to "cut down and chase some losses" and although his shove is suspicious, even with two overs n a flush draw he has a million outs against 22. But i did stop immediately cuz i just knew i wasn't playing "good, solid poker" anymore.
So i'm down 3.3k today, which is a shit load of money. buy in wise, im down 8 or so buy ins. its not THAT bad although pretty damn bad buy in wise. i've had many days before which i dropped 10+ buy ins in 1 day. but yeah i'm tryin not to think about it too mcuh and come back strong tomorrow. I have a lot of confidence in myself and it sure helps when people around me reassure me that i'm a good player and this will only make me better and i will recover no time. I, however, will not just take this for granted. I'm not gona think "ok i'm gona recover anyway." tomorrow i'm going to hopefully work with brendan and find some more spots where i'm making bad plays and just continue to improve as a player. I think i've improved tremendously over february and the fact that I didn't play anymore today was good. Alot of times before going down 3.3k in one night will end up in a couple scenarios:
1: Blackjack until busto (which was wayyyyy old)
2: Blackjack until robusto (even, or since i'm so greedy up at least a couple hundred = rarely ever happens...)
3: Blackjack some winnings back (happened before but % is quiet low)
4: Blackjack and go down another grand or two (90% rate of occurence here)
so basically I think I saved myself a grand or two by not chasing losses.....which is good imo. its quiet hard to simply quiet when you're losing a lota money. you wana just win it back right away. i'm just gona say use this advice that prdonk gave me, n in a way FORCED me to do...
1. immediately quit the tables when you realize you've made a "tilt" play
2. close your poker client
3. do not open your poker tracker and review hands (do it tomorrow)
4. do not look at the graph and agonize how horrible that downswing looks (do it tomorrow)
5. do not agonize over your decreased winrate (i do this quiet a bit)
6. just walk away from the computer or chat with someone online or play some video games
7. DO NOT play anything money related for the rest of the night
8. try to book a session with me the next day or two to look over the hands to see if its just "coolers" or you actually made mistakes. a lot of the time i'm sittin there sayin this is sucha fucking cooler but after reviewing its not really a cooler because I should've done somethin different
anyways, i think tilting today costed me about 1k or so......so yeah, gona learn from that and become better tomorrorw. not so good of a start to the month, but it seems like i start most months like this. gona grind it out at 2-4 for now and hold off the move to 3-6 maybe until april
graphs for u guys

so if you ever go down like 6 buy ins at nl 100 or somethin, before you complain, read this thread and just remember, "ray had it much worse" and with my bankroll requirement, your BR should be able to easily take a -8 buyin ds. this is why i don't think 20 buy in is even close to enough.........

1 comment:
Excellent post man... fucking excellent.. I'm gonna be taking a short sabatical from poker (I'm going to Dubai to drive Ferrari's and shit - j/k business actually) , but I'll be back w/ a venegance this summer... gonna catch up on some poker reading... hope you run goot and shit... later
Post a Comment