Thursday, March 15, 2007

ATTENTION: New policy regarding lessons

Recently this week I've had numerous cancellations/reschedules of lessons. I understand things come up and stuff but you guys have to understand that I've set a time aside each day for everyone of you, and whenever someones misses a lesson, it screws up my schedule, especially if its the starting time already and you have not even contacted me, wait for me to contact you and say you want to reschedule/cancel. I have definitely been not happy about that.

Make up lessons are not as easy as it sounds because everyday I have set it for one specific student. As I've stated in my teacher bios, I want DEDICATED students who are SERIOUS about the game. I'm looking for long term mentoring and you not giving me 110% effort will not cut it. I'm sorry to be so blunt but I come from a community where respect for your instructor is highly regarded. I honestly feel like just because some of you are getting to know me more, the respect is started to get sloppy, especially with lesson times.

Therefore, I'm going to enforce a new policy where all of my students are allowed 1 reschedule/cancel per month and if for any reason you stood me up (not even telling me about the cancellation/reschedule) you are automatically disqualified from my "school." That to me is extremely disrespectful. Contact me about it, not wait for me to contact you. You are the student, be proactive. I have currently 25 people on the waiting list, so if you are not working hard to stay in, then get out, there's plenty of people who want in.

If you feel like I'm being too harsh or whatever, then leave. During my time as instructor, i'm not here to be a baby sitter. I'm here to be an instructor to push you hard, to make you good. If I don't become strict like this, things get sloppy and your play will show, guaranteed. If you think this is too much for you then tell me before hand so I can replace someone, many are desperately trying to get in and are offering better hourly rates. Your spots are very valuable, I hope you appreciate the spot and my effort to make you a better player.

So basically, only 1 cancellation/reschedule is allowed every calendar month. If more than that you will be disqualified. Also not contacting me about cancellation/reschedule 12-24hsrs before hand will also result in the same consequence. My time is very limited. I hate to do something like this but I've had 4 reschedules this week......so its getting pretty out of hand. If you feel like weekly lessons are too much then please tell me so I can find you another instructor.

Also, contact me for my number and give me yours for easier cancellation/reschedules

No comments: