I'm very pissed right now....
Went on a terrible run today while playing and went down like $900...sure its just a 4 buy in downswing but its still $900.....and since I was thinking like that I ended up tilting away 1k more, at various games like bj and hu cash games....I'm by no means busto but this is definitely a set back
I think ever since I moved up to 200 and have a very big bankroll, I've became a bit reckless with my bankroll management, not in the sense of playing higher limits. but playing side games to chase losses, mainly roulette and the very evil bj. ever since I came back to taiwan, my mentality has not been strong at all, when I go down a lot ($ wise) I tend to go tilty. this has been the same last winter, i'm not sure why. i also have not been able to play anywhere close to how much i played in the states. i'm not sure exactly why...i also tend not to tilt when i play next to peter cuz its just kinda embarrassin to tilt. i know it and i sitll do it which makes it even more retarded....for the time being i think i'm going to play nl 100 at home and play 200 when i'm at sh's house.
one thing that must change is that i need to take my losses in buy-ins and not $'s. if i'm gona be playing nl 200, 1k downswings are bound to happen, heck even 2k downswings will eventually happen....if i think in terms of buy ins, it will be more relevant if i think of dollars and especially if i'm in taiwan, i'm going to have a really tough time taking the losses. its true that if i wana be successful in higher stakes, i gota assign less value to money. instead i must look at them as ammo. i have to become more mentally tough. today's 5 buy in downswing is ok, i did get most of my hands in as a big favorite and i got into a lota bad spots....the 1k downswing at bj....well i did win like 6-800 from bj before on ub, i guess that cancels it out...and yeah i gota stop playing it. just because i have a very big bankroll right now doesn't mean i can go do stupid shit with my money..."an ignorant man with his money will soon be apart..."
bankroll at: $12533
Monday, December 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment