Big day at the tables today...
up a total of 10 buy ins not counting bonus/rb. this is quiet an achievement considering your standard bankroll requirement is 20 buy ins and I just made half of that in...1.7k hands. I played particularly well today and made 1 off read that cost me 1 stack. But it was fine. I was fine with it because I read him and I believed what I think and acted upon it. If i'm wrong I'm wrong. Hopefully I will be more right than wrong but I often times see players who say, I know you have it but Ima call or you don't have it and Ima fold. Some players can read ppl but don't act upon it because they dont' have a pair (of balls.) If you have a gut feeling or you reason whatever his hand is, go with it and stick your money in.
I've also significantly reduced my use of the "call" button. In one of GP's videos, he raise in position, got a caller, the caller donk bets the flop and GP raises him with nothing, donk calls. turn brings GP an open ended straight draw and donk bets out again (sorta weakish bet), GP, reading he doens't have much said "I believe he doesn't have much, if I get called, I'll have outs. Don't ever call here, calling here is just simply horrible, if you're gona play, RAISE." so he did n the guy folds. I've implemented that concept pretty well these two days and have found great success, except that one time haha. (oh and sometimes even if you are called you have outs anyway.) I also reviewed my PT stats and I think I'm being too passive on the river...AF bout = 1.4. Just by looking at that I think I'm losing a lot of value so I have turned up my aggression quiet a bit on the river and have found to be making very accurate value bets and maximizing my extraction of money from my opponents.
One hand today I raised QQ UTG, donk calls, villain puts in a pot sized 3-bet. This easily could be a squeeze because villain is a solid player; however, his preflop raise % is relatively low and I've had previosu encounters with him in which he turned over huge hands raising preflop. I read that I was a huge dog here and folded. donk pushes all in and villain insta calls with AA. I would've turned a Q which would've won a 1.5 buyin stack. But I was generally pleased how I laid that hand down. I mean obviously I would like to stack him but I made the right decision. Whether I win with QQ or not doesn't matter. I got my hand out as the dog and that's what "good" poker is all about. I also folded KK on a 6 2 8 7 board....with 2 hearts. I got a pot sized raise on the turn and I just don't see him doing this with one single pair..say Q's or top pair. Because the top pair on board was at the flop. It is much much more likely for him to have 67/78/86 for 2 pair/set or a straight. I mean even if he had A8 which I highly doubt, I'm just gona let him take this pot because if I just call I'm going to face another tough decision on the river. If i push, I'm not getting a call by a hand I beat. I think pushing here is not value its more like a bluff. I also believe that I can very much outplay this player and I can wait for a better spot later in the session and this KK hand was a tough spot, the pot wasn't that big, and I'm outa position on a dangerous board. I folded, sure enough a couple hands later I busted him. Felt good.
It's quiet unbelievable my bankroll is up to 2.8k right now after paying SH back. With already 200 in RB due this month and being on pace to hit 2k ub pts for this week's bonus. Cards are running well and I'm definitely playing well. running at 9.9 PTBB/100 over 6.7k hands on NL 50. Time to make sum monieeeees
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment